CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT OF THE ALL-SEASON SKI RESORT IN ALTAI
The project implied concept development of the all-season ski resort on the territory of almost 400 ha with the medical, commercial and residential areas, phasing of the project, forecast of operational indicators, formation of the Project’s business-plan and fund raising. One of the key objectives for Cushman & Wakefield Hospitality Team was concept development for the complex, which will perform with the minimum decrease in efficiency during the low season.
Range of services delivered for the Project by the Cushman & Wakefield Hospitality Team included following:
1. Analysis of the hotel market in Altai Territory, forecast of the market development, analysis of international experience and assessment of competitive projects.
2. Functional zoning of the land plot, locating of the Project’s objects considering the “attraction centers” for visitors (walking area, street retail and etc.), balancing of components on the territory.
3. Concept development for all-season ski resort, elaboration of recommendations regarding management of the complex. Cushman & Wakefield consultants analyzed potential interest of professional hotel operators towards complex, estimated its positioning in respect of the hotel brand and evaluated interest of the hotel operators towards management of Spa/ medical zone.
4. Financial analysis of the Project. On this stage Cushman & Wakefield Project team conducted detailed independent feasibility study for investors of the Project, which included, above all, development of the typical business-plans for mini-hotels of 30-60 hotel rooms.
5. On final stage of the Project Hospitality team elaborated expert opinion regarding optimal commercial concept for construction of the land plot. Expert opinion included recommendations on transport flows, general parameters of recreation complex, construction and engineering specifications given the requirements of potential buyers, recommendations on management of the complex and others.
After conducting of comprehensive analysis on the current condition of resort and its competitive environment, Cushman & Wakefield specialists developed concept that confirmed its efficiency in results of financial analysis. Besides full-fledged ski component Belokurikha will offer its guests best traditions in sanatoium service through provision of spa- and medical services, offering various healthcare programs, including usage of water from radon fountains. Ski cluster is designed to become an “anchor” of the Project. SPA and medical center will serve guests during the high season as well as attract its own target audience. Recreational infrastructure of the complex will ensure high quality of service (including F&B and leisure). Price positioning of resort will be intended for the mass customer who has already obtained own understanding of the required level of service in similar resorts abroad, but who, however, is not ready to pay extra charge for his vacation.